Thursday, March 10, 2022




 Menola Aquariums


We moved in Dec 2021 and I have been building shelving.  I brought 3x33 gal and 2x 15 gal aquariums from Bunker.  Also the Fluval Spec and the half 10 gal.   I purchased a new 15 gal tank to complete the rack.

Here I am going to focus on the Aquariums and Tubs at Menola Court.

July 28, 2022

All tubs have fry.  Platys have tons of fry and the White clouds are multiplying.  Below are the fathead (Rosey Red) minnow fry.  They are dark so I read the white gene is recessive.  But there are many fry with 3 different sizes.


 






Mar - July 2022

The existing 3 tubs are doing great.  I have been trying to remove the Gumbrosia from them.  The small tub on the left with the cover has White Cloud Moutain minnows - lots of fry.  The next 40 gal has some Dalmation mollies and Platy (Xiphophorus variatus).  The middle large tub has Rosey Red Minnows that have survived 2 SC winters.  The empty tub on the right has some platies right now Xiphophorus maculatus Red Velvet. There are many fry in there as well.

 I am keeping 3 smaller outdoor tubs below.  The 3rd one is missing from this picture but has a water Lilly in it.  All these tubs have Gambusia Mosquito fish in them

 Testing the temperature in the garage to see about how hot it gets.  So far high reading was 80 in the top row.  I added a fan and that keeps them all uniform.

Jan-Mar-2022


Fluval Spec from Bunker and Barringer


48"  33 Gallon Rack  7" Spacing  -- 24" 15 Gallon Rack 7" spacing












10-Mar-22 

Air pump in place and all tanks have some fish in them.  New 15 gal went on the bottom Right rack and I emptied the half 10 gal. 

Most tanks have Rosy Red Minnows but the bottom Right has White Cloud Mountain Minnows.

No comments:

Post a Comment